Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm never sure whether our model, Cathy, is dozing or just peering through those squinty eyes. If I were her, holding a pose like this all afternoon, I know I'd be dozing.

She is the daughter of one of the original Disney animators and grew up in California. At a fairly young age she was posing for the animators doing the sequential poses they required to put together first generations of cartoons.

She's also done voice-over work for animation as well. She joins a long list of notable models at the Art Students League in New York. Models that reportedly included, at various times, Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston and Madonna. I believe Kevin Bacon modeled here as well at one point.

Most, however, are not famous. But, New York being New York, the job has attracted a great many actors and dancers who could use an income between jobs.

No comments: