Sunday, February 28, 2010

More pine cones


For reasons described in an earlier post, I have a thing for pine cones. Readers will also know that I have a similar sort of affection for sea shells, loose feathers and odd rocks.

Here is a larger painting, 30 x 36 inches, oil on Belgian linen. I did this a year ago looking at pine cones and the shadows they cast in the sunlight through a nearby window. I liked the way the pine cones and thier shadows seemed to dance in a line against the sunlight.

The painting is titled, "Bear Mountain Boogie Woogie."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i also have a weird affinity towards natures treasures and have jars of acorns, seeds and strange pods.
I love these pine cones so much and the shadows make them much more mysterious.
Well done.

Daniel van Benthuysen said...

Thanks for your kind words, Shelley.